General Job Description:
- Leads large cross-functional project teams with complex and/or challenging projects through the development of the following:
- Sponsor documents and high-level schedules;
- Project charters that concisely define the scope and objectives of the project;
- Work breakdown structures that include deliverables, work phases and activities;
- Network diagrams that identify the precedence relationships, durations, responsibilities and resources for all activities;
- Validation and compression of project schedules that ensure the quality of the project plan, proper analysis of time-cost trade-offs, and compliance with deadlines.
- Facilitates challenging project teams that involve conflict between team members, and/or other teamwork issues.
- Analyzes staffing requirements and advises the Project Manager/Sponsor on staffing levels needed to execute the plan according to schedule.
- Develops project management policies, procedures, standard reports, coding structures, project metrics, project templates, etc.
- Generates summary-level project status memos for key stakeholders.
- Mentors clients in the use of project management tools and methods.
- Coordinates the use and assignment of PMAlliance project management Consultants, Project Coordinators, and Schedule Analysts.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Ten or more years of progressive work experience in such fields as new product development, systems integration, project management, etc.
- Proficient using all popular project management software systems (i.e. Primavera P3, P3e, SureTrak, and MS Project) and in using Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have a Bachelors degree (a technical or business focus i.e. Engineering, Business or Business Administration is preferred).
- MBA preferred, but not required.
- PMAlliance’s Project Management Training is required but will be provided upon hiring.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute as a PMP is required and must be attained during the first year of employment.
- Strong leadership traits and the ability perform in an environment without on-site supervision or assistance.
- Good listener with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Executive-level oral and written communication abilities.
- Highly motivated, self-starter requiring little supervision.
- Team player with excellent people skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
Although we are not currently hiring, please feel free to submit your resume for future opportunities.