General Job Description:
- Leads cross-functional project teams on small-to-medium sized projects through the development of the following:
- Project charters that concisely define the scope and objectives of the project;
- Work breakdown structures that include deliverables, work phases and activities;
- Network diagrams that identify the precedence relationships, durations, responsibilities and resources for all activities;
- Validation and compression of project schedules that ensure the quality of the project plan and compliance with deadlines.
- Generates summary-level project status memos for key stakeholders.
- Is able to implement and utilizes all popular project management software tools (MS Project, Primavera, etc.).
- Mentors clients in the use of project management tools and methods.
- Ensures that project teams are following the established project management process.
- Promotes project management within the client organization.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Five or more years of progressive work experience in such fields a, new product development, systems integration, project management, etc.
- Experience using all popular project management software systems (i.e. Primavera P3, P3e, SureTrak, and MS Project) and in using Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have a Bachelors degree (a technical or business focus i.e. Engineering, Business or Business Administration is preferred).
- PMAlliance’s Project Management Training is required but will be provided upon hiring.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute as a PMP is required and must be attained during the first year of employment.
- Strong leadership traits and the ability perform in an environment without on-site supervision or assistance.
- Good listener with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Highly motivated, self-starter requiring little supervision.
- Team player with excellent people skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
Although we are not currently hiring, please feel free to submit your resume for future opportunities.