General Job Description:
Works under the direct supervision of the on-site Senior Consultant and/or Consultant to provide the following project management services:
- Generates project report packages to inform stakeholders of schedule status and any project issues. Typical reports would include the following:
- Gantt charts (critical path, responsibility, early start, phase, etc.) displaying the project schedule graphically;
- Tabular reports (update, look ahead, etc.) providing project schedule information in text format;
- Network diagrams showing project precedence relationships.
- Provides general analysis of assigned projects to identify problem areas that need attention by the project manager.
- Enters project data into project management software during project planning and re-planning sessions.
- Assists the project manager during control meetings by displaying pertinent project views and running the project management software.
- Updates project files during the normal schedule update cycle.
- Updates project web-sites, shared drives, and databases with required reports.
- Is an on-site expert in one or more project management software tools (MS Project, Primavera, etc.).
Work Experience Requirements:
- At least 2 years of project-related experience.
- Experience using one or more project management software systems (i.e. Primavera P3, P3e, SureTrak, and MS Project) and in using Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have a Bachelors degree (a technical or business focus i.e. Engineering, Business or Business Administration is preferred).
- PMAlliance’s Project Management Training is required but will be provided upon hiring.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute as a CAPM or PMP is required and must be attained during the first year of employment.
- Good listener with good analytical skills.
- Professional oral and written communication abilities.
- Highly motivated.
- Team player with excellent people skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
Although we are not currently hiring, please feel free to submit your resume for future opportunities.